24-Hour Pet Emergency Care
Animal Emergency & Referral Center of York offers 24-hour emergency veterinary care for dogs and cats.
- For immediate emergency care please call (717) 767-5355 for assistance.
- We are located at 1640 South Queen Street York, PA 17403.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- No appointment is necessary.
Our staff will evaluate your pet upon arrival to determine the urgency of your pet’s current medical condition. We'll then determine the priority of patients' treatments based on the severity of their condition, a process called "Triage." We kindly ask for patience during these stressful times.
In an emergency situation, please be ready with the following information:
- Your cell phone or number where you can be reached
- Species and breed
- Estimated size and weight of animal
- Sex and age
- Any prior health problems
- Current medication
- Current condition of animal
If your pet has ingested anything, please bring the label or write down exactly what the pet has eaten.
Please make sure you bring a leash for dogs and a carrier for cats.